Taking your brand presence to the next level is almost every brand’s desire. Getting to tap into a market and becoming visible is key.
Brands these days are not being left behind in the new digital shift, so why should you?
Join the band wagon and become the best at achieving Digital Marketing Optimization. Well one secret to achieving this is mastering the art of Social Media and Social Media Marketing (SMM).
Social Media Marketing
There’s no debate that there’s has been a disruption in the marketing trends and opportunities with the discovery of social media as a marketing tool for brands. These has led to new marketing trends as well as new job definitions. Such as company tapping into the digital space by hiring content creators, social media marketers, bloggers, online video journalists or outsourcing services from digital influencers.
This is the new It.
Let not your brand loose on new, easy and available audience. Get on board.
Here are some Social Media Marketing Tips to Get Your Brand Going;
- Create Social Media Profiles.
Crawl, walk then run.
You have to start from scratch. Firstly, create your brand’s social media profiles in all the platforms. Don’t dismiss out a platform, thinking it won’t be serious for your platform. It might just be your next source of income. Start. Be it FB, LinkedIn, IG, TikTok, Pin interest. Create a profile.
Your Brand should speak for itself. Whether services, products or the message. Create content and also let it speak to your audience. Whether articles, graphic illustrations, images or videos. Keep them coming for your online brand. Here’s a quick guide to the Dos and Don’t in social media marketing content creation https://annetteobondo.com/content-creation/
- Content Calendar
Thirdly, for effective SMM you need regular content running on your social media profiles. The best systematic routine to monitor and plan for content is coming up with a content calendar. Get to arrange your content on what date, day and time you intend to share it with your audience.
- Social Media Marketing Tools.
There are so many tools, invented to help you out with SMM. Be it scheduling content, creating graphics, easy edits, knowing your engagement and analytics. Don’t be shy. Learn your way around them. Try new things, you are not limited. To get to know some of the tools to get you going through SMM, *link* https://forevercreators.com/blog/most-essential-tools-get-your-blogging-journey-started/
- Tracking Engagement and Conversion.
Different Social Media Marketing apps offer the users either insights or analytics to the content they share. Keep track of your work. Know what works or what doesn’t work. Improve your online tactics now and again.
Social Media Marketing also needs to you to boost your content, so that it can reach a greater audience or a new market. This is just like going into online advertising. Platforms such as FB and IG offer advertising services to get your brands to greater heights. Well other options could be engaging a digital media influence for mentions or posts on their profiles to get you more engagement and conversion.
The other could be the “Edgar Obare” model, where influencers have market days. Which businesses use to sell their brands to the influencers audience at an affordable price.
Finally, SMM has opened doors to many kinds of businesses to have greater visibility and great sales for their products, don’t be left out.
“The first rule of social media is that everything changes all the time. What won’t change is the community’s desire to network.” – Kami Huyse
Hi, in this article I want us to quickly look at blogging, how blogs work and make money. This is just a blogging overview suitable to anyone who wants to start a new career in content creation or blogging. It is also useful if you want to re-strategize your blog techniques. After this post considers reading our other articles on this site.
What is blogging?
Blogging is a widely used word, in most cases how you understand it is what you take it for. That said, my understanding is that blogging is basically keeping a diary on the web. The difference is that this diary is useful to many other people and it is more informational. Each entry in a diary, here it’s called post. The moment you begin to write interesting and useful stuff on the web for others to read and learn something, entertain them or help them solve a problem then you become a blogger. You don’t have to own a site to become a blogger, you can simply make your posts on existing platforms, Facebook pages, Medium, Quora, Dev.io, and all other platforms.
Who should blog
While anyone can start a blog or create posts, most people can’t maintain creating content or maintain being visible to their audience for long. For that reason, I’ll discuss the qualities that I think if you have then you can make a good blogger. Note that even if you don’t have some or all of them you still can blog and excel these are just my observations from over the years.
- Passionate About Sharing Knowledge: To be a blogger you must have passion, passion is what keeps content creators going. You should be willing to share what you know with others, remember you are here to solve their problems. You should be as well passionate about the niche you are creating content for. Don’t write about something you don’t love. I see people choosing a niche because there is money or market. To get a perfect niche for you to read this article that we talk about niche finding.
- Patience: Every blogger should have patience, things just don’t blow up instantly, you don’t just become a better writer from your first post. Most importantly you won’t start making much in your first few months. Most blogs take 6 months to 12 months before they can start realizing a good amount of organic traffic. This also depends on how good you do your SEO. Most people give up on blogging and content creation in general within the first 3 months or less.
- Ready to Learn and have an open mind: Whenever field you are in, learning never stops. As a content creator ranking algorithms will change monthly, weekly, or even daily. As such, you need to learn new ways of doing things. You also must understand what your audience wants and that’s what you give them. Accepting corrections from others is key here.
- Have Communication Skills: To be a content creator, you need to able to communicate, either written or spoken depending on whether you want to blog or vlog. You don’t have to be a guru though, all that is important is your readers or followers understanding what you are talking about.
- Hardworking: It is very easy to assume that content creators or bloggers just do nothing and earn. There is a lot of hard work involved. You must be ready for it.
- Persistent and Consistent: Consistency is very important for content creators. Anyone who understands how blogs work will tell you that consistency and persistence helps in growing your blog. Even on youtube and other social media, the more consistent you are the more they grow.
How do blogs make money?
This is the part that most people want to know about and that’s because this is what most people see from bloggers. Making money blogging is not so hard if you have the above characteristics, but it can be messy if you get into blogging just for money. It is very important to know that you only earn when you give value to people, you solve their problems, teach them something, or entertain them. Blogging is also a big industry with many competitors so you have to be unique and original. There are several ways you can earn from blogging. I’ll discuss some of them below. You can choose one that interests you.
- Ads (Adsense): This is the most common and easiest way to monetize a blog. This is when you apply ads to be placed on your blog site. When people visit your blog they see the ads and intern you earn for that. You just need the right advertising network, there are several of them but Google Adsense is one of the best. They also have requirements that we will discuss in a later post. You also need good traffic in order to earn a reasonable amount from ads. Normally they pay per 1000 views and it is not much so you may want to try the next.
- Affiliate Marketing: You don’t need a lot of traffic to start earning. Affiliate marketing is where you register with another company and get a link to their products. You then sell this product and earn a commission. The good thing here is that you just write about this product, why it is useful, and how to use it then leave your affiliate link. To know more you can check out here
- Promoted Posts: If you are doing it right then once in a while you’ll be getting offers to do a promoted post. These pay so well but hard to get. Now promoted posts is when you get a business or company to pay you to write a post about their product, (it could be Ksh. 300k per post ) You can also approach some of them and ask them for that kind of deal.
- Selling your products or services: After affiliate marketing, this is the best way to monetize your blog. You sell what you have. Either service, digital product, or physical product. You can sell a course, a book, skills(like software development), etc just write well and you start making sales. this is something to consider when deciding a niche.
Whether you just want to write for fun, promote your business, or create a new source of income, just get started. Create your blog today not tomorrow and start creating content. It is true you will never be ready. You can also take advantage of other existing platforms while you are preparing to start your blog. For instance, write on a Facebook page, medium, quora, etc so when you launch your blog you already have an audience and posts to give you backlinks. And that was an overview of blogging and how blogs work and make money. If you want to start your blog read this or if you want step by step guide then read this. Thank you for reading let us know what we forgot to talk about in the comment section.
Are you new to writing and would love to kick start a beautiful experience in the world of blogging? Worry no more here are four simple ways to set up your blog.
- Create your blog.
To set up a blog from scratch scares many writers, many at times I received questions on how did I start blogging and how can you proceed to be a great blogger. Simple, just start when you push that let’s go button everything eventually flows into a beautiful masterpiece. Therefore as a new blogger who’s eager to set up a blog, you’d have to identify the domain where you’ll access your work. You can choose to try the various blogger tools such as WordPress or Blogger or if you are in it for a more original touch you can buy a domain at namecheap.com, host WordPress, and kick off your blogging experience.
- Create Your Unique Look
Secondly, set up your blog to speak in a way that relates to you the writer, and your audience. What you’d love to venture into is the look and appearance of your blog. From features, themes, and the display of the various buttons. How do want your blog to look? In both Word Press and Blogger, they have themes and features where bloggers choose what their audience would see once they visit. if you need different tools that’ll help you work around the look, either graphics or pictorials here’s the read for you https://annetteobondo.com/2020-05-22-social-media-marketing-toolkit-for-a-beginner/
- Content Creation and Blog Niche.
Well, I’d love to call these two the Salt & Pepper of Blogging. I obviously love to arouse your thinking with questions. Who are you talking to? Who is your blog for? Will the message you share in your blog reach your target audience? I f you are able to have content that is in sync with your audience then you are good to set up your blog. You’d have to come up with these in the idea stage before you actualize anything.
- Interactive Feed
Today I will let you out on a little secret that is the power of pictures and videos on the Internet. Who said when setting up a blog it has to be 100% words? Play around with pictures and graphics. Use understandable language like they say if your audience is sophisticated drop some heavy jargons here and there whatever language best suits your audience. You can also drop some brain jugglers here and there such as a puzzle or questions for your audience then direct them to give their feedback in the comment section. If they are subscribing to your blog and the feedback is good well you got the trick. Lastly, as you set up your blog never forget to have a tiny notebook and pen with you everywhere you go the best ideas are often the ones unplanned. Jot it down.
Blogging is an absolute adventure, giving your creative experience to your audience getting feedback, educating, and being in a creative space with your audience. Each of these is determined by the content you put out and whether it resonated with your niche. Starting a blog might seem all fun and easy but without the right blog niche you might be holding down a million-dollar idea. Before that, you can learn how to set up a blog here (inbound link on setting up a blog). What’s a blog niche you might ask? Well, this is the most specific topic you will write about or your most specific content that will interest your key audience. A more specific blog niche is important to gain traffic for your blog and get you the feedback you need as a blogger. It will also be able to get you a specific audience that can relate.
- Do research on your blog niche.
Firstly, to create an understanding of what your blog niche is, the first thing is to embark on a journey to understand your product, its audience, and your message. In this part, one can actually look into competitor blogs, their feedbacks, and their message. Before you start sharing content you need an idea generation meeting with yourself and some key aspects to your blog, a mentor. This will help you determine the right blog niche for your blog and whether it is can be monetized.
- Decide who does your product call to?
Secondly, the call is an attraction. Who uses your product? Is your blog going to attract an audience who want to know about travel places and tour experiences? Is your call to a more artistic and exhibition-loving fan base? Will your blog attract an audience who wants daily sports feeds and updates? Then these questions will help you learn and know who your exact audience is. Once you get a clear understanding of who your target audience is then you will understand your blog niche. Aside from creating a blog niche here’s a great read on how blogs work and how you can monetize them.
- Specific Topic
This is the key message that will be able to differentiate your blog from others. Get ideas and make them all about your niche, don’t try to solve every problem just pick one problem and work on it. If you decide you’ll create content on Finance and freelancers and SMEs then work your topic around them. If you are a writer or blogger and the ideas are not streaming in anymore this will help. In conclusion, the blog niche is a key aspect in blogging and this is where most bloggers go who have no blog niche go wrong